Sunday, March 31, 2019

2 Chains of Promenade Hotels Went Dark in Support of Earth Hour 2019

Promenade Hotels in Kota Kinabalu and Promenade Hotel Bintulu respectively went dark in support of Earth Hour yesterday beginning at 8.30pm for 60 minutes and it was indeed a little different how the hotel marked the Earth Hour for its 8th consecutive year.




Besides switching off non-essential lights at the hotel's exterior, lobby, cafe, lounge even at the hotel's restaurant; Dynasty Restaurant during the 60 minutes, there were also other activities beginning with Foot Reflexology in the Dark (from 10am till 10pm) by Sabah Society for the Blind.

   


As my fellow blogger friend and I arrived at the hotel at 6pm, we headed straight to Mawar's Room and treated ourselves with massages; our way to show some support to the society.


 

Sakura @soulmatehyeon went for foot massage.

I, myself decided to go for a head and shoulder massage as I'm not gonna lie; it's been such a long month as I've been working and helping my parents setting up our own office here in Kota Kinabalu as well. The massage was invigorating I'd say as my stiff arms and shoulders got better with my head feeling lighter; I slept really well last night! I should totally go for massage frequently as advised.




After the massage, we both went down to Promenade Cafe to enjoy our dinner buffet while waiting for the next activities.






















Overall, I really did enjoyed the buffet as there are various dishes available; quite extensive I'd say and I really do like the salmon and there's even taufu fah at the dessert section which I went back for seconds actually.

Around 8pm, some of crews already preparing for the Candles Lighting activity and I've seen the kids were given some glow sticks! Nice!




During the Earth Hour, we were served with a plate of delicacies which kind of intimidating at first as they were looking weirdly I'd say; almost like seeing those exotic food in Vietnam but their idea to enjoy this dishes in the dark is somewhat interesting with all your other instincts being heightened an all.




I gotta say, the pineapple-raw veggies shot was actually really nice and oh, not forgetting the 60 Minutes Facebook Contest! Check out my submission below!






In the hotel's Earth Hour Campaign message to hotel guests and diners, the General Manager and Hotel Manager of Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu & Promenade Hotel Bintulu respectively encouraged all to commit to actions that go beyond the hur for sustainable future that we desire, and our children deserve.

It was such and eventful yesterday and I'm glad to be part of it. I guess that's all from me, I'll see you guys on my next post. Take care!



|||     Information     |||


Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu
Website | http://www.promenade.com.my/
Location| No.4, Lorong Api-Api 3, Api-Api Center, 88000 Kota Kinabalu Sabah, Malaysia.
Contact | +6088 265 555 Catering Hotline: +6088 251 415


2 comments on "2 Chains of Promenade Hotels Went Dark in Support of Earth Hour 2019"
  1. hai sy dtg singgah lagi sy dtg bw lagi kt sini https://azraalyana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All medium-estimated Paris hotels are furnished with meeting rooms and gathering offices. The gathering rooms in such Paris hotels are outfitted with hey tech varying media contraptions so gatherings might be led, easily. Hotel near Salisbury Missouri

    ReplyDelete